The Cox family according to family lore has been in the automobile business since the early 1900’s. During the teens and twenties they operated a Ford franchise in Ocilla, Georgia. During the boom years of the Roaring Twenties they moved to Avon Park, Florida where they operated a Dodge dealership. Cox Chevrolet, Inc. has a long and interesting history.Our dealership began in 1926 as two separate dealerships; one was located in Ocilla, Georgia and run by Mr. J.P. Cox, the other dealership was in Tifton, Georgia run by Mr. J.O. Cox, Sr. In 1932 both dealerships were sold and the father and son joined together to form one dealership in Bradenton, Florida. At that time, Mr. J.P. Cox was the dealer.In 1938 Mr. J.P. Cox passes away and his son, Mr. J.O. Cox, Sr. became the dealer. When Mr. J.O. Cox, Jr. returned from military service in 1945, he became the dealer.